Saturday

Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe

I saw this movie first, and liked it. Liking the movie usually means checking to see if it was based on a book (and not vice versa) and then deciding whether or not I liked the movie enough to actually read the book. In this case, I did, and don't regret it a bit. This was a very engaging story. Very similar to the movie but as with all books (and as they should be), more detailed, and more intriguing. The style hooked me immediately, and the story stayed with me even when I couldn't continue reading it. I only read during work breaks so there was a lot of time between and I looked forward to every break even more because I couldn't wait to continue the story. That's the mark of a great book for me. It's an endearing tale, and if you liked the movie, you'll love the book. Definitely worth the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home