Wednesday

The Stepford Wives

The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin This was a quick read. I expected it to be different from the movie but not as much as it ended up being. I've read a lot of praise about Ira Levin's writing style but it's not so easily appreciated for the average reader imo. Perhaps I need to read something else he's written. I'm thinking about it. It's very cut & dried. And the end of this version (there are more than one, hard to choose the definitive one if the page totals vary per version) just kind of....ended. Don't get me wrong, you know what happens, just not how. And I like knowing how. So this left me wanting more explanation. Maybe that wasn't this authors intent. No specifics, just "here it is." So... there it was, and it was quick and decent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home