Monday

13 Going on 30

13 Going On 30I think this was supposed to be a sweet comedy or something, but I found it to be pretty sad at times. It's hard to feel any sympathy for the girl who gets everything. Nice or not. (and starts out "not"). This movie has some good retro music (if you're into that, I thought it was great fun) and a seemingly cute-sy story line. It definitely gave the usually more active Garner a break (no fight scenes in this, heh). She seemed to have fun and cut loose. Big departure from her Alias role (except for the crying). Being 30 isn't all it's cracked up to be. I think when we're kids we believe that being older will solve all our problems. But the reality is, you have problems at all ages. They just change as time goes on. There were parts of this movie I didn't like. But I do like the idea of seeing our possible future (successes and failures) and having a chance to choose the right path to true happiness. I like happy endings. They aren't so typical IRL, and if I can only find them in movies, I'll take em'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home