Friday

Dead Like Me

Dead Like Me, Season 1"There's nothing like your own death to put your life into perspective."
I really like this series. It's a well written (well acted) show about the lighter side of death. Or "life after life." Is there an afterlife? For these reapers, there is. They become cosmic temps, taking souls (those who's time has come) until they too can move on....eventually (or so they hope). Somehow, they manage to make this more funny than morbid. Though the concept seems pretty depressing, it's both sad at times, and incredibly amusing. That's a great combination to me. Laughter thru misty eyes. Kind of makes you appreciate those in your life that are important. And serves as a not-so-subtle reminder not to take them for granted. So far, only 2 seasons have been made (and only one of those available on dvd to date) and no word as of yet about a 3rd season. (I hope they make a 3rd season!)

2 Comments:

Blogger x said...

I love Dead Like Me. Mason is my hero and I only wish I could be as confident as Rube or carry as little regret as Delores Herbig. Sometimes the show can get odd sometimes... like weren't they implying her dad was cheating on her mom with a guy in the first season? And what was with the whole Daisy-in-an-abusive-relationship subplot? But overall I watch it because it encourages me to question why we're here, what's waiting for us, and most important, how we live now.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surfing in from Blog Explosion. Nice site.

Dead Like Me was cancelled. I am SOOOOO disappointed. I too loved this show, although I am finding I am equally enjoying Huff!

I thought the 2nd season was even better than the first one. My wife who never really liked the 1st season (too dark and morbid) agreed and we were watching it together religiously. Well, as is usually the case, good television always gets cancelled... :(

--Daniel

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home