Sunday

Garfield the Movie

Garfield the MovieWow. Some things are better left ...alone. Garfield is a great comic strip, but as a movie, eh, it kind of loses something. Considering how difficult it likely was to bring this strip to the big screen, I guess it's ok as it is. But I noted some strip-to-screen inconsistencies. Like for instance, the fact that Nermal should be a kitten sized cat, and that Jon isn't supposed to be decent looking (he'd have more normal dates in the strip wouldn't he?), and Liz the vet doesn't want to date Jon, yet in the movie, she does. If you're going to bring the essence of a comic strip to the big screen, I think it's a good idea to stick to the characteristics of it's characters. Still, it was kinda cute. And any movie I can watch all the way through is ok with me. Like this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

I agree whole-heartedly! Keep up the good fight!

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I nearly cried when I heard about Garfield going to the big screen. It just.. doesn't work right.

Teeters
http://www.teeterss.net/thoughtpad/

1:33 PM  
Blogger SEV said...

nice site..
could you review the latest sidney sheldon as well ?

interesting, ver quickly once ur blog is up.. ppl start asking u for ur opinion..
anyway, ur opinion pls.

cheerz
SEV
http://satish-ev.blogspot.com

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home