Friday

Hope Springs

"Work with what you've got" I guess was the mantra during this one. I really expected this to be better. (Colin Firth? Minnie Driver? Mary Steenburgen? Please.) It's never a good indication when I can stop a movie umpteen times and do whatever I just thought of because "now seems like a good time." What a shame. I wouldn't say this was a complete waste of time. It was interesting. Somewhat unbelievable, definitely, but interesting. And it got a little better as it went on. But not much. One very sweet 3 seconds and an actual moment warranting genuine laughter. I guess you can't expect everything to be stellar. This was quirky and a bit weird. But watch-able. If you're patient.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't this the one where the guy's big crisis is making a choice between whether to fight off Heather Graham or Minnie Driver? When it came out, I remember thinking, "Yeah, this character is going to garner a lot of sympathy"...

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm liking the blog!!!! Check me out when you have a sec....

http://crzydjm.blog-city.com

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home