Friday

Alien Quadrilogy

Alien QuadrilogyExcellent. Hours and hours of suspenseful entertainment. And that's just the movies (original release & director's cut). There are hours of behind the scenes features and cast interviews. In a way, they take away a bit of the fear the alien inspires. When you see how they do what they do, it's much less creepy, and still, pretty amazing.

I'm really squeamish these days, but for some reason, I still like this series. Maybe because there is less gore (though still some) and more that leads up to the implication of it.

My favorite is Aliens (Alien 2). I just like the Ripley and Newt interaction. Mom protecting her new young. How sweet. (then you see #3...oh no!)

I know "it's just a movie" but after watching these movies back to back to back to back (we had an Alien marathon, it was great!), what struck me most was how "the company" and these "aliens" just ruined this woman's life. And afterlife... so to speak. I wouldn't want some company to have that kind of power over anyone. (but do they anyway to a lesser degree? hmm...)

As for entertainment, if you like Alien (1-4), and you like director's cuts, commentary, behind the scenes "how they did that" and "who did it," plus additional goodies like story boards, photos, and whatever easter eggs are present and yet unfound (by me anyway), you just might like this 9 dvd set. A lot.

One minor but important detail... the packaging. Though sleek and quite compact, it isn't the most secure. So be careful when you first open it. Accordion folds and loosely glued plastic holders make it very easy to drop one.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love this collection. And watching it with someone special makes it even more worthwhile ...

I thought this face-hugger was far from scary though:
http://www.wired.com/wired/images.html?issue=12.12&topic=tools&img=3&pg=11#
;)

R.

7:45 AM  
Blogger JustaDog said...

I want it!

http://wheresyourbrain.blogspot.com/

12:01 PM  
Blogger Micah said...

Love the movies, absolutely hate the DVD packaging.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Edgar Cantero said...

Oooh... An "Aliens" marathon... That sounds great... I think i have them all in VHS. I must propose this to my sister, Ripley is her heroin.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home