Friday

Little Black Book

Little Black BookAnd I thought I was paranoid. Some things are probably better left alone. This movie takes irrational suspicion to extremes. Considering the premise, it works. It's funny, strange, a little sad. Might make some neurotics feel normal. Loved the Carly Simon themed music. And absolutely loved the very end (the parts leading up to the end were a bit corny) but the ending itself? Excellent. Trust is a major issue for many couples. You toss your heart into the ring and hope it doesn't get trampled. Luckily, most of us don't go through such a public drama to find out what we should've already known.

I wouldn't recommend doing the little-black-book thing, but I would recommend this movie. Good for a few laughs, maybe a tear or two, some insight, and an appreciation for an artist too long out of the limelight.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked this movie. I LOL in a few parts. It's a good rental if anything.

:: Mona ::

4:59 PM  
Blogger letti said...

hi there..thanks for the review..i had been wondering if i should watch it...brittany murphy IS known to do a lotta over the top stuff.. anyway, love carly simon too :)

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was okay, but just okay. I also loved the Carly Simon music. I was also shocked to see an appearance of Gavin Rossdale (lead singer of Bush, married to Gwen Stefani) as the guy working at the coffee place. On the DVD there is also a really good piece in the special features that looks at how those talk shows work.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home