Wednesday

Catwoman

CatwomanI know the critics hated this but I thought it was fun. Wishy-washy mousy woman turn not-gonna-take-it-anymore badass (out for a little revenge). Definitely fun. Sure it's silly, but take it into context. It's based on a comic book character. It's Halle Berry in a cat suit. It's (sort of) good over evil. Good should win, shouldn't it? It's someone who was weak, no longer a doormat and finally standing up for herself. Considering what it is, it's pretty decent. I only wish they didn't speed up some (action/fight) scenes. That lessened the impact of the effects (or perhaps, saved them from being too ridiculous). Not one of the best, but no where near the worst.

5 Comments:

Blogger Matt Adcock said...

Whoa... Catwoman is one of the absolute worst films I've ever seen. On a par with the Rollerball remake which sucked so much ass I can't believe it.

Still we may not agree on Catwoman but we both have film review blogs so do you want to swap links?

Cheers

DM

9:03 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

I can't agree with you on this. I really didn't care for this at all. It really has to be one of the worst.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Saturn said...

It was a cornall movie with some crap dialogue, but I still enjoyed it, I can't lie. Had Halle Berry not been ... well, Halle Berry, I might not have made it through. But you're right, there are FAR worse films than this one. This was mindless entertainment.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed every campy thing about CATWOMAN from its bad acting to its bad dialogue to its bad fight scenes between Halle Berry and Sharon Stone (which reminded me of the sublimely campy climactic fight scenes between Tamara Dobson and Shelly Winters in the old 70's blaxploitation flick Cleopatra Jones). CATWOMAN was just too awesomely bad to really garner any hate from me. Its like SHOWGIRLS in that way.

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only redeeming quality I could find with the movie was Halle Berry...but I think the producers knew that when they asked her to play the part. It wasn't like they invested a ton in the movie: they knew it was about Halle Berry too. I just wish they hadn't made it so obvious.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home