Thursday

Beyond Borders

Beyond Borders Oh I hated the end of this one. I saw this movie the same week I saw The Girl in the Cafe, and then the Live8 broadcast (last year)... good timing. A lot of depressing information all at once. This movie (Beyond Borders) seemed conflicted between trying to be an ill-fated love story, and a wake-up call regarding what's going on in the world. Which was it supposed to be? Both? It was ok. More impact the first time I saw it, and the second time, much less. I started to think about how fitting it was that Angelina Jolie made the film to begin with (she is the UN Ambassador after all) but her character in the movie seemed a bit... off. Maybe it's just me. I saw this twice. Some of the visuals are hard to forget, whether they were real or not.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home