Monday

Cold Mountain

Cold MountainVery depressing. If this is how things were back then I don't see how anyone survived. An Englishmen and an Australian woman both faking southern accents-- that was interesting. They did it well enough.

This movie left me feeling gypped.

Why did Inmen go up that mountain to go home to her? The only way there, and back, is that one road and she was only up there because of the news Georgia brought that morning (which he couldn't have known). And why was Georgia allowed to live? The confederate cowards were murdering all war deserters (not themselves of course), why did they say that 'Georgia says you was up here' and yet, they didn't kill him? (Why did Georgia live? Because he wasn't all there?)

Two weeks after seeing this movie I still wondered about the glaring inconsistencies. Depressing movie. Nicole Kidman, Renée Zellweger, Natalie Portman, Kathy Baker, the entire cast really, were all very good, and worth seeing in this. Despite the inconsistencies and unanswered questions.

I used to think I was born in the wrong era. I'm sure glad I wasn't born into that one. You too?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never seen this movie, but I do know I am glad I wasn't born in that era. Now that I read this review, I'm glad I never saw the movie.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Chaim said...

This may be a cliched thing to say, byut sometimes it's true: You shoudl really read the book. SO much better. I mean, the book is seriously fantastic. The movie gets the events of the book right but captures none of its essence.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home