Friday

Philips 22pfl4507 22 inch 720p Led-Lcd TV - 16:9 - HDTV

Philips 22pfl4507 22 inch 720p Led-Lcd TVI needed to replace my old 19" CRT TV (yes, seriously) because my cable company got rid of all analog channels (why!?) and I hated having to turn on devices just to quickly check the weather or news. Also didn't want to replace a TV that didn't need replacing, it worked fine. Oh well, welcome to the now I guess.

I couldn't find any reviews anywhere on this TV and it's one of the few brands I recognized. My HDD's are Phillips* and they're awesome so I had hoped this TV would be too. I did also buy a 26" Vizio for another room. This Phillips was meant to be the one I watched the most but 22" was too small for that room so it's been put to use in another.

I use this TV every day and coming from a CRT, WOW, there's a major difference in the picture. All the 1080 channels are just beautiful, with crisp clear colors. Sound-wise though it could use a boost. I suggest attaching external speakers to this unit because the speakers are in the back and aim upwards so if you have it in a TV cabinet like I do, the sound will be too low in your average sized room unless you turn it way up.

The remote and settings are intuitive and easy to use. The TV was easy to connect, lots of cable options (component, HDMI, etc.), you can download a manual here (clicking link will start the download) or at the Phillips website for all the specs.

I wish there were more reviews out there on this model but I got a great price, and even though it'll take some getting used to "wide screen everything" (anything not stretched is fine but the rest, not easy to get used to) but I can easily say I do not miss my CRT even if it does still work just fine. So far am happy with this purchase.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home