Wednesday

Vizio E261VA 26-Inch 60 Hz Class Edge Lit Razor LED LCD HDTV

Visio 26 inch Razer model E261VA

I had to upgrade my old 19" CRT TV (as I said in the previous post) because my cable company completely abolished analog channels. I have digital cable (with a box) but I didn't want to have to turn on devices to just check the weather you know? And, I didn't want to replace a TV that worked just fine just because the world's gone wide screen. I didn't like the wide-screen thing but what could I do? So I initially tried a Phillips TV* but it was too small. I kept it for another room but kept looking, landed here. I've never heard of Vizio but after much research I've come to accept it's a well know brand and maybe I should give it a try.

I went to 3 Walmart stores to find this specific model, and you know what? Worth it. It was a good price, has forward facing speakers (which means better sound) and a beautiful picture. The difference between CRT and digital is pretty amazing, and I'm not used to that stretched thing (wide screen stretching everything and "normal" looks too weird to not keep it on wide or zoom) or the channel #'s (different from analog for sure) but I do love the bigger screen.

It has an easy to use remote, setting up is easy, and if you're a newbie like me (any left?), more intricate setting up (like subtitles and such) takes a min. or so but it's straight forward and I'm sure if I give the manual a glance --this only comes with a quick start guide-- I'll learn the finer points of what I can configure. The manual (pdf) is available here (clicking link will start the download).

Every channel with 1080 * is so vivid and clear, with beautiful colors, a world away from CRT. I guess it was about time I joined the digital age. With so many types of TV's, so many brands, and so many choices it's good to know I picked a good one.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home